OverviewAcupuncture originates from Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). This is the method of treatment whose history dates back more than 5000 years and which is still used today. Unlike intramuscular manual therapy, acupuncture is based on the idea of “body meridians” or energy flows, and works at the system level, affecting local and specified points. It is based on the use of needles, their length, direction and stimulation.
ATTENTION!!! All the used needles are disposable and are used only once.
Effects of acupuncture
- Deoxidation and strengthening the immune system
- Relaxation of soft tissues
- Removes edemas and inflammations
- Improves metabolism and circulation of fluids
- Relieves stress, swelling and tumors
- Recovers the texture and functionality of muscles and ligaments
- Relaxation of the nervous system and neuromuscular return
Indications for acupuncture
- Recent injury, the most recent the better! If to perform acupuncture within the first 2 minutes, it is possible to completely avoid soft tissue inflammation.
- Neurological symptoms – numbness, pricking, sharp pain
- Pain in the back and spine
- Loss of function and muscle spasm
- Preparation for athletic competition, surgeries, childbirth
- Ache and pains in muscles and joints
|Trail treatment 40 minute||–||£50|
|45 minute treatment||–||£80|
|1 hour treatment||–||£100|
|1.5 hour treatment||–||£140|
|Block of 10 x 1 hour treatment****||–||£800|
|Block of 10 x 1.5 hour treatment****||–||£1300|
|Family package 1:***
2 times weekly x 1.5 hours –
(8 treatments in total)
|Family package 2:***
3 times weekly x 1.5 hours –
(12 treatments in total)
*(with own treatment couch)
**(with couch brought in by therapist)
***valid for one month
****Valid for 3 months
|Massage||–||£100 per hour|
|Visceral massage||–||£100 per hour|
|Cupping||–||£60 – £200 (varied)|
|Tapping||–||£20 (one area)|
Types of medical acupuncture
Conventionally, the acupuncture can be divided into two main directions, depending on the application site:
Auricular (ear) – in this case the needles are placed directly on external ear. External ear is divided into areas is responsible for certain body area or internal organ. This therapeutic technique is very effective, but short. The best use of auricular acupuncture is the pain and spasm relief.
Thermal acupuncture is warming-up using herbal cigarettes or infrared lamp of needles and biologically active zones. This technique enhances the therapeutic effect and activates internal corporal strength for a speedy recovery. Also known as tzu therapy.
For added effect, the patient can receive activated beads or plates fixed by tape. The patient may be suggested to walk with the stickers from a few hours up to several days. This type of therapy is sometimes called applieopresspuncture.
It should be noted that acupuncture and needle therapy – two at first sight identical concepts – are in fact completely different! Acupuncture is one of the main methods of TCM and it operates under a principle of meridians scouring. On the other hand, needle therapy is the type of therapeutic impact, adapted to modern medicine, acting on the principle of local points and neural signals.
Contraindications and side effects of acupuncture
- Infectious diseases (influenza, virus, skin diseases)
- Open cuts, burns
- Complete rupture of muscles or tendons
- Thromboses or bleeding disorder
- Acute cardiac pathologies
- Pregnancy (depending on gestational age)
- Tumors (including cancers)
- Certain diseases such as bursitis, uratic arthritis, myositis with ossification, rheumatoid arthritis, inflammation of the periosteum and others
- Absolutely everything, what you can be unsure about!
How to make an appointment for sessions of acupuncture?
Types of massage
— a trend in traditional Chinese medicine, in which the effect on the body is carried out with special needles through specific points on the body by introducing them to these points and their manipulation.Read More →
— is the impact on the skin and underlying tissues unit consisting of pneumatic suction cups and an air compressor.Read More →
— the methods of treatment and diagnosis, representing the impact of the therapist’s hands on the patient’s body.Read More →
— this is the most ancient and natural way to impact on the body.Read More →
— a holistic system applicable to spasm in the muscles of the soft tissues, to the fascia, ligaments.Read More →
— a therapeutic profilakticheckaya procedure aimed at improving the appearance of the skin and removal of decay.Read More →